Friday 18 January 2013

Digipaks that inspired me

After looking at many different digipaks, front covers and back covers of various albums from various genres, I have come to the conclusion that I myself as an artist am most suited to the singer/songwriter genre and so therefore my album digipak should be of me, or something about me or a place I love.

The albums that inspired me were Ed Sheeran's, Jack Johnson's, Jason Mraz's and Ben Howard's albums simply because they each had something so simple in them all, Ed Sheeran's album was just of his face and with a background that blended in with his hair, which I personally think was very clever.

Jack Johnson's album was of him sitting on a stool, playing his guitar and singing, which is just so simple but effective, although he had another album showing an animated tree and a path from the tree to the back cover which was very clever.

Jason Mraz's album was also very simple showing him perform as well in the bright lights coming from a dark background and he had another one showing a cartoon drawing of him on the front, which I personally thought related to me exceptionally well, considering I had created a stop motion video for my music video, so the thought of making my digipak using pictures from my stop motion had come into mind.

Finally Ben Howard's album was very inspirational as well, showing a place he loved greatly, a river or lake or even sea of some sort possibly in Devon and it showed him diving into it. I thought it was a very good picture and made me think of what I could do.

So after looking at all these inspirational Albums I was stuck between the decision of putting a picture of me performing, or a stop motion picture I had used for the picture or a place I love for the front cover, but then I also looked over the Pop albums which were also very inspirational, showing the male artists looking 'fly' with their 'swag'.

No comments:

Post a Comment