Sunday 13 January 2013

My song choice


After listening to many different genres and songs and watching various music videos I have decided to do something different from the rest of my class and in fact different than what anyone in the past five years at my school have done for media a2 and that it my own song that I composed the music and lyrics for myself. I will also attempt to do a stop motion as the music video for my song.

My song is called 'I remember', Its written about myself remembering one of my exes who was in fact the best person in the world and as sang in the song its about what we used to do together and one of those things was actually chasing trains for a laugh to scare people, its random and we don't really know why we did it but we did, it was just our special thing I guess.

My inspirations for the song are Ed Sheeran, Ben Howard and Jack Johnson as that's the type of music that I love and listen to whenever I can and its the fact that they sing about real life and situations that occur in reality, unlike those pop songs that promise love or are about random things and are meaningless. The guitar play and chord progressions are simple in my song although I have looped a couple together making it more exciting and difficult much like a mixture of all three of my inspirations, saying that so are the style of the lyrics, apart from they are my own personal lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment