Tuesday 22 January 2013

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Throughout my media A levels including AS level and A2 level, I have used a wide range of forms of media to create my projects including filming equipment, editing software, other softwares, blogs etc.

In my AS media we had to create an opening for a Thriller in which I partnered up with my friend 'Nick Field' to make it, we had taken shots in various locations including ground from Aldenham school, My house and Beevors house within Aldenham school. We had used a digital camera, tripod and SD card from school and my own personal video camera to take point of view shots and to show us walking in holding the personal camera as if someone was watching us. We used two other actors to play our friends in the thriller. For this we had only used one editing software and this was final cut pro, nothing else was used for the editing of this thriller and then we had updated our blogs regularly showing our progress step by step and our research of thriller movies, locations and opening scenes.

For my A2 media, I had decided to do something different and make a stop motion which meant many many hours, days, weeks and months in a single undisturbed room taking shots using a stills camera made by Sony which I had borrowed from the school and this was placed on a standard tripod. All in all I had taken a lot over five thousand shots for my music video and I made a reality scene in which I used a digital camera made by Panasonic and a tripod and a SD card. The filming for the reality scene took place at the actress' house. Then to edit this video I used Final cut pro for the stop motion part in which I had to cut every picture to a frame per picture and add it all in together and for the reality scene I used Imovie. For my Digpak I used InDesign to crop and size my desired pictures, place text on top of them and crop, size and place my many stop motion pictures around the borders of each inside page of my Digipak from page 1 to the back page (not including the front cover) then I used Photoshop for the album advert as well as InDesign because I had to change the colour of some images to then place on top of my advert for example the stars were originally black but I had to change them to orange and the background of the Itunes logo was orignally white which I had to change to black. I also had to use InDesign on the advert to add two additional black strips to the bottom and top of the front cover picture used for the advert in order for me to have room to place comments, ratings and information about the upcoming album and I used InDesign to move the word 'music' further to the right in the advert, just to have a slight bit of difference between the original front cover and the copy front cover for the advert.

Throughout my media A level including AS level and A2 level, I have been using blogger to update my progress throughout the course regularly in order to show my audience what I have been doing in terms of research, planning, drafts, ideas and final copies etc. The blog has helped me to share my research with the public and enable me to look back at my research to make new ideas or upgraded ideas to add to my coursework, for example if I ever want to look back at videos that inspired me or something along those lines, all I have to do is click on 'videos that inspired me' and then I can look at my research to help me get further ideas. The blog has helped me maintain the continuity through my coursework without losing track of what I have done. At the end of my blog e.g when all posts are finished and completed, I will upload my music video on a separate post to blogger as well as Youtube where I will hope to share my music successfully with the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment