Sunday 13 January 2013

How I came to choosing my own song

I was pondering over whether to do a song by one of my heroes including Ben Howard, Ed Sheeran, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson considering that all of the lyrics in those songs are so great and meaningful, every line can tell you a story of its own, and that's what I love about those artists songs.

But then I thought I could use of my own songs, as my dreams and ambitions are to become a singer or a musician, not for fame or money but because of my love for music and the fact that it runs through my veins, I honestly couldn't see myself doing anything else, so I thought this would give me the perfect opportunity to make my own music video for my own song and this is where I decided to make a stop motion because I wanted my first music video to be something really special and different.

The next part was incredibly difficult because I had to narrow down a list of 20 of my songs to 1 and each of them had a lot of meaning but then one night I had a dream and in the dream it was my song 'I remember' playing in the background whilst an animated cartoon scene played through my head and that's when I decided that I had to do 'I remember' and pick it over my other choices. That is also the moment when I decided to add a slight comical side to the plan of my emotion based music video and this plan was to make two of me inside the animation if that makes sense, a present me following an old version of myself but alongside my ex and the present me would follow them around constantly through different scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment