Thursday 17 January 2013

The recording of the song

For the recording of my song 'I remember' I am going to be the artist, the recorder, the producer and the mixer. I am using my own Apogee Quartet audio interface, two SEx1r condenser microphones and an Apple Mac installed with Logic pro.

The instruments that I will be using and recording for the recording are the guitar, the drums and my vocals including main vocals, backing vocal 1 and backing vocal 2.

I am planning on recording the guitar and main vocals first then adding the backing vocals to the choruses and bridges, I will try singing a major 3rd above and below the main melody but if the harmony doesn't work, I will experiment with other vocal harmonies until I find one that fits perfectly.

The guitar I am using is an electro-acoustic guitar but I will not be using any amplification or sound effects throughout the recording as I feel a pure sound is enough when using phantom condenser microphones.

I am planning on adding a drum beat using the bongos midway through the song to add a bit of variety to the texture, as the layers build up.

I realise this process will take a couple of hours, but hopefully the final piece will sound great and fit in with the video clip that I have already finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment