Wednesday 16 January 2013

What I have done to the video so far

Well I have finally completed the stop motion part of the video, which has taken absolutely ages, in which I had to draw all the pictures and paper objects. I also took all the pictures myself, every time I moved a character or an object even a millimeter I had to take a picture. So Now I have ended up with over 5000 pictures and only just over 2 minutes to show for it.

Although this may seem like a little amount of time and a lot of pictures, you have to understand how hard stop motion is to create, making still photos turn into animation in motion, it is incredibly hard as one single picture will cover over 10 frames at least and I had to cut down all the pictures to one picture per frame and then add all the pictures together, although I've done something different to the usual and I have varied the length of some pictures, some are at two frames per picture and some even three because I felt those sections were moving a bit too fast.

I have also decided to add a live section to the video now as well, so therefore making a transition from cartoon to reality, but in the middle I will film the first part of the reality last (when its darker) and then the last part earlier, so then the first part of the reality will be slightly blurred, making it look like its still slightly in cartoon stages, finally moving into the clear live section.
Below is an example of just one picture used in my stop motion:


No comments:

Post a Comment